Fertility, though not discussed much, is an issue many couples face. It is something that is often very emotional and difficult to deal with. All the doctor’s appointments, tests, and examinations can be uncomfortable, not to mention expensive!
In this article, we will discuss male fertility, why it is a good idea to test it sooner rather than later, and how at-home options can provide you accurate results and a professional opinion (if you desire) from the comfort of your own home.
Why a Male Fertility Test is Needed
Often when experiencing issues with conception women are the first to go through the fertility testing process; however, there are a variety of reasons why testing a male’s fertility shouldn’t be the last resort. Having your fertility tested can indicate and determine the cause of infertility and whether the problem can be easily resolved or not. Some medical and environmental factors that could be affecting your fertility include, but are not limited to:
- A sexually transmitted disease
- Genetic abnormalities
- Testosterone supplementation
When Should You Test?
It is recommended that both the male and female counterparts are tested within 12 months of trying to conceive. It is important to keep in mind that early evaluation, detection, and treatment of possible issues is always the best option. The longer couples wait the worse the problem might get if there is one. Male fertility evaluation is typically easier and cheaper.
The Benefits of At-Home Male Fertility Tests
The only drawback to a male fertility evaluation is the awkward process that you have to go through. Luckily there has been great development and technological advances within the medical field that has allowed for the development of at-home male fertility tests.
An at-home male fertility test allows the user to test their sperm in the comfort and privacy of their own home, providing them with a solid base from which to start their fertility journey. Some other benefits include:
- Comfortable and Private: Visiting a testing centre can cause some to feel pressure which could negatively impact the sperm sample that you do produce. An at-home fertility test will allow you to produce a sample within an environment that you trust and feel comfortable in.
- Quick and Easy: We all have busy lives and finding the time to visit a testing facility is sometimes easier said than done. An at-home test allows you to perform the test when you have time. Another added bonus is that you can receive your results in two weeks. This is considerably shorter than traditional testing options.
- Cost-Effective: An at-home fertility test is much cheaper than visiting a medical professional at their practice.
- Take Your Time: Often when visiting a medical professional or testing clinic you will receive an information dump that is overwhelming and that you don’t remember much of. An at-home testing kit allows you to take your time and learn about fertility at your own pace
Home, Male Fertility Test in South Africa
At Creatorishop we stock the Yo Home Sperm Test Kit that will provide you with accurate and fast results. It is FDA approved and allows you to either keep your results private or share them with a medical professional.
Start your fertility journey today and order a Yo Home Sperm Test Kit from our online shop!